IT'S FUN TO LIVE IN THE Forest
Get to Know Tori Whelan!
Meet the person who might just have the most fun job in the world — so much so, in fact, that we call Tori Whelan the Director of Fun.
Here is a sampling of what Tori does day in and day out:
- Organize signature events such as the Woodforest Craft Fest, Independence Day Parade, Trail of Treats and Hometown Holiday
- Launch resident social groups such as the Book Club,Wine Club and Bunco
- Facilitate the Merit Program, which introduces a variety of topics that children ages 5 to 12 can explore monthly
- Host lifestyle events throughout the year that provide a backdrop for family and friends to celebrate life
- Bring a smile to resident faces every single day
Tori Whelan came to Woodforest in early 2015, eager to warm her Michigan-bred bones and soon to warm the hearts of Woodforest residents. Her job of planning, organizing and hosting more than 75 events each year starts — and ends — with residents. Her favorite event, she jokes, is Craft Fest because she has to visit local breweries for “research” on which ones should participate in the annual brew fest.
And when she’s not running around Woodforest organizing events, Tori can often be found running the streets — literally — as she prepares for long-distance races. A former competitive swimmer and a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, Tori is up for any challenge — even kayaking polo. She believes in exercising her mind just as much as her body, and is a walking font of random knowledge. (Go ahead, ask her anything!)
It takes a creative, organized and engaging person to be a successful Director of Fun. Lucky for us — and our happy residents! — we have Tori Whelan!